Wondering how to enter BIOS on ASUS laptop? Here is all the information you need in one helpful article.
There are many ways to enter the BIOS on your laptop and it depends on which keys your manufacturer has designated for your BIOS startup.
So, let’s go over all the main ways you can enter the BIOS on your ASUS laptop.
Suggested – How To Enter BIOS on Acer Laptop
How To Enter BIOS On ASUS Laptop
Here are the main ways to enter the BIOS.
- Turn on or restart your laptop, then press the “F2” key repeatedly
- Go to start menu > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Advanced Startup > restart now > troubleshoot > advanced options > UEFI firmware settings
- Turn off your laptop, then hold down the “F2” key and start your laptop
- Turn on or restart your laptop, then press the “F10”, “ESC”, “DEL” or “INSERT” key repeatedly
- Turn on or restart your laptop, then press the “F2” and “DEL” key simultaneously
There are various ways you can enter the BIOS on your ASUS laptop. The most common way is to press a certain function key as your laptop is booting up. However the designated key is determined by your manufacturer.
Make sure to spam the BIOS key as your laptop is booting up until you see the BIOS screen or until your laptop fully turns on. This will prevent you from pressing it too early or too late.
To enter the BIOS on a Windows 10 or Windows 11 ASUS laptop do the following:
- Turn off or restart your laptop
- Repeatedly press the F2 key as your laptop is booting up. (If F2 does not work then try F10, DEL or ESC keys)
- You should now be in your laptop’s BIOS
F2 is the most common key on ASUS laptops to enter the BIOS menu whilst booting up the laptop. You can alternatively use other keys such as F10, F11, DEL, ESC or INSERT if the F2 key does not work for you.
You can also try holding down the F2 key instead of repeatedly pressing it. ASUS also recommends to start holding down the F2 key before you power up your laptop again.
If these keys do not work or your keyboard is broken, you can try the following method which allows you to access the BIOS through the windows settings. This works best for Windows 11 and Windows 10 laptops.
The next best method to enter your BIOS on an ASUS laptop is through the windows settings. This can be done on Windows 11 or Windows 10.
- Save any data on your laptop
- Go to start menu > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Advanced Startup > restart now
- Once you are on the blue screen, choose troubleshoot.
- Then choose advanced options
- Then click on UEFI firmware settings from the list
- You should now be in your BIOS after your laptop restarts.
This is the method I prefer because you don’t have to worry about pressing the wrong key when you are booting up your laptop. Most laptops have different BIOS keys which is why doing it through windows can be a lot easier.
To enter the BIOS on a Windows 8 ASUS laptop, do the following:
- Open the charms bar or press Windows + C
- Then click on settings
- Then choose change PC settings
- Go to general and press restart now underneath advanced start
This works for Windows 8.1 as well however you can go to the update and recovery tab, settings then recovery and press restart now under advanced startup.
If you are on Windows 7 or Windows XP then you will have to use the standard method of restarting or turning on your laptop then pressing the F2 key over and over again until you see the BIOS screen.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Do ASUS laptops have a BIOS?
Yes, all ASUS laptops have a BIOS that you can enter by pressing the F2 key repeatedly upon starting your laptop. Some ASUS laptops have different BIOS appearances.
How do I get into BIOS on ASUS laptop advanced?
Turn off your laptop, then turn it on again and repeatedly press the F2 key until the BIOS screen shows up. Then navigate to the Advanced tab by using the arrow keys.
How do I get into BIOS?
To get into the BIOS, you will have to restart or turn on your computer and then repeatedly press the F2, F10, ESC, DEL or INSERT key whilst your computer is booting up. You can also enter the BIOS by going to start menu > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Advanced Startup > restart now > troubleshoot > advanced options > UEFI firmware settings on Windows 10 and Windows 11.
How do I get into the BIOS of my laptop?
You can get into the BIOS of your laptop by turning off your laptop, then turn it on again and repeatedly press the F2 key until the BIOS screen shows up. Then navigate to the Advanced tab by using the arrow keys.
Hopefully by now you have entered the BIOS on your laptop and are able to change the settings that you need to change. Entering the BIOS is pretty easy now on Windows 10 and 11 because you can enter it through the Windows start menu settings.
The traditional way of entering the BIOS is to spam a certain key, however the BIOS key is different depending on the model of laptop that you have.