Connecting your AirPods to a surface laptop is the same as any other windows device. It’s very simple but if you struggle to do so then you should read this article.
Suggested – How to connect AirPods to Linux laptop
How To Connect AirPods To Surface Laptop
Here is a brief summary of how to connect your AirPods to your Surface laptop:
- Make sure your earbuds are charged and placed in the case with the lid open.
- Go to ‘Start’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Devices’ and make sure you have the toggle set to ‘on.’
- Hold down the pairing button located on the back of the AirPod case
- Press ‘Add Bluetooth or other device and then select the Bluetooth option
- Wait for your device to show up in the list and click on it to begin connecting.
If you wait too long between activating the pairing button and adding a Bluetooth device then your earbuds may not show up in the list.
Step 1: Search Windows For Bluetooth Settings
- Click on the windows icon in the bottom left corner or use the search bar.
- Search for Bluetooth settings
- Select Bluetooth & other devices
Step 2: Enable Bluetooth
- Enable Bluetooth by activating the toggle.
Step 3: Select Add Bluetooth Or Other Device
- Click on the Add Bluetooth or other device button at the top of the screen.
Step 4: Select Bluetooth Option
- Make sure your AirPods are inside the case and are charged.
- Open the lid on your AirPods case.
- Hold down the pairing button located on the back of the case until the light flashes to activate pairing mode.
- Then select the Bluetooth option while your device is in pairing mode.
Step 5: Select Your AirPods From Nearby Devices
- Select your device from the list of nearby devices.
- Make sure you do step 5 within 30 seconds of completing step 4 to ensure your device is found on the list.
- Sometimes it can take a few minutes for your AirPods to be discovered by your Surfacelaptop.
AirPods Still Not Connecting To Surface Laptop
If your AirPods are still not connecting do not worry, here are some solutions for you.
Your Laptop Does Not Have Bluetooth
If this is your case then you need to buy a Bluetooth dongle that will provide your laptop with a Bluetooth connection. These are relatively cheap and easy to find.
To check if you have a Bluetooth connection go to ‘Start’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Devices’ and try to set the toggle to on.
If the Bluetooth toggle is greyed out and set to ‘OFF’ it means that you don’t have the capability.
There Is A Glitch With Your Connection
If you have paired and unpaired your earbuds from your Surface laptops more than once, then this may be your problem.
I kept running into this issue where my headphones would not show up in the Bluetooth list because of some caching issue.
This is what I did to fix the issue:
- Turn off your computer
- Turn off your computer power point at the wall
- Unplug your power cable
- Reconnect everything and start your computer.
Outdated Bluetooth Driver
If you are still having issues then here is how you can update your drivers:
- Make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Going to device manager by using windows search
- Select the Bluetooth option in the list and open the dropdown
- Right click on the first driver within the dropdown and select uninstall.
- Restart your Surface laptop and your Bluetooth driver will be instantly redownloaded from the internet.
Sometimes an outdated driver is what causes the problem.
Your AirPods Are Not Charged
Make sure your earbuds are charged and in the case with the lid open. If you have the lid closed or the earbuds are not charged then you will not be able to connect.
How To Disconnect AirPods From Surface Laptop
You can disconnect your earbuds from your Surface laptop by doing this:
- Go to ‘Start’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Devices.’
- Select the toggle to OFF
- or select your device from the list of Audio devices below
- You can press remove this device. If you do this then your laptop will no longer instantly connect to your earbuds when you start it up.
- You can press disconnect it will temporarily disconnect the Bluetooth connection from your earbuds until you reconnect them or restart your laptop.
AirPods Connected But No Sound
Sometimes you connect your AirPods but they don’t play sound, this is a normal issue.
The first thing you should try is to increase your volume to see if it was set too low.
The second thing you should try is to disable any Bluetooth connection to your AirPods from other devices. If your earbuds are connected to other devices then it will not work on your Surface laptop.
If you want to connect your AirPods to a Surface laptop then you should follow the same method for any other windows device. This will only work if you have Bluetooth capability on your laptop or a dongle.
Why wont my AirPods connect to my Surface?
Either your surface has no Bluetooth capability or your AirPods are not charged.
Do AirPods work well with Microsoft Surface?
Yes. AirPods can work well with any Microsoft surface that has Bluetooth capability.
How do I set up Airpod on Surface Pro?
Go to ‘Start’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Devices’ and select Add Bluetooth or other device.
Select Bluetooth and hold down the pairing button on your AirPods case.
Select the device from the list to connect.