How to Connect AirPods to MSI Laptop
1. Hold down the pairing button on your AirPods case until it flashes.
2. Go to ‘Start’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Devices’, select Add Bluetooth device, and choose your AirPods from the list of nearby devices.
3. After a few seconds your pairing should be complete.
The best way to connect your MSI laptop to your AirPods is by pairing your device not too early and not too late.
Suggested – How to connect AirPods to Surface laptop
How To Connect AirPods To MSI Laptop
MSI laptops are great for gaming but sometimes are difficult to connect other devices to. Most MSI laptops have Bluetooth in built into their system which makes pairing very easy.
If you do not have in built Bluetooth then you need to buy a dongle.
Step 1: Search Windows For Bluetooth Settings
- Click on the windows icon in the bottom left corner or use the search bar.
- Search for Bluetooth settings
- Select Bluetooth & other devices
Step 2: Enable Bluetooth
- Enable Bluetooth by activating the toggle.
Step 3: Select Add Bluetooth Or Other Device
- Click on the Add Bluetooth or other device button at the top of the screen.
Step 4: Select Bluetooth Option
- Make sure your AirPods are inside the case and are charged.
- Open the lid on your AirPods case.
- Hold down the pairing button located on the back of the case until the light flashes to activate pairing mode.
- Then select the Bluetooth option while your device is in pairing mode.
Step 5: Select Your AirPods From Nearby Devices
- Select your device from the list of nearby devices.
- Make sure you do step 5 within 30 seconds of completing step 4 to ensure your device is found on the list.
- Sometimes it can take a few minutes for your AirPods to be discovered by your MSI laptop.
AirPods Connected But No Sound
Firstly, check if your sound is just low and the AirPods are connected. Do this by increasing the volume on your laptop and playing a youtube video. If you still hear nothing then move on to the next solution
Secondly, check if you have your phone or tablet still connected via Bluetooth to your AirPods, this will interfere with the connection and you should disable them first.
How To Disconnect AirPods From MSI Laptop
You can disconnect your earbuds from your laptop by doing this:
- Go to ‘Start’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Devices.’
- Select the toggle to OFF
- or select your device from the list of Audio devices below
- You can press remove this device. If you do this then your laptop will no longer instantly connect to your earbuds when you start it up.
- You can press disconnect it will temporarily disconnect the Bluetooth connection from your earbuds until you reconnect them or restart your laptop.
AirPods Still Not Connecting To MSI Laptop
If you have followed all the steps correctly but are still not able to connect then read on.
Your Laptop Does Not Have Bluetooth
Some laptops do not come with Bluetooth, especially older models. Even though MSI is a gaming brand, older MSI laptops may not have Bluetooth functionality.
You can check this by going to ‘Start’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Devices’ and try to set the toggle to on.
You need to buy a dongle if you don’t have an in built connection.
There Is A Glitch With Your Connection
Glitches in the connection sometimes happen and often happen if you connect and disconnect too many times.
Here is how to reset your computer to fix the pairing issue:
- Turn off your computer
- Turn off your computer power point at the wall
- Unplug your power cable
- Reconnect everything and start your computer.
Outdated Bluetooth Driver
You can manually download MSI drivers here or follow these steps:
- Make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Going to device manager by using windows search
- Select the Bluetooth option in the list and open the dropdown
- Right click on the first driver within the dropdown and select uninstall.
- Restart your MSI laptop and your Bluetooth driver will be instantly redownloaded from the internet.
Your AirPods Are Not Charged
If you do not have any charge in your AirPods or the lid is closed then you won’t be able to connect. Also, make sure that you have the earbuds inside the case.
Make sure you do not close your case when you are pairing, if you close the case then you will have to restart the process.
Connecting your AirPods to your MSI laptop is pretty simple and easy. If you follow the steps and still are struggling then hopefully these extra solutions help you.
Do AirPods work with MSI?
Yes. All AirPods work with MSI devices and laptops that have Bluetooth capability.