How to Connect AirPods to Lenovo Laptop
1. Pair your AirPods by holding down the button on the back until it flashes.
2. On your Lenovo laptop, search for Bluetooth settings. Select Add Bluetooth device and click on your AirPods from the list.
3. Congratulations! You just paired your AirPods.
Sometimes it’s really hard to connect AirPods to Lenovo laptop and it’s not your fault. This common issue can be dealt with swiftly by following the steps in this article.
After years of using wireless headphones, the best way I have found to always connect to your Lenovo laptop is to time the pairing mode correctly.
Suggested – How to connect AirPods to Dell laptop
How To Connect AirPods To Lenovo Laptop
Pairing your earbuds with your thinkpad laptop is simple but it’s not always easy. So here’s a video guide as well as a written guide for you.
Make sure you give your laptop enough time to discover your AirPods via Bluetooth.
Step 1: Search Windows For Bluetooth Settings
- Search for Bluetooth and other devices settings in the windows search.
- Select the option shown above.
Step 2: Enable Bluetooth
- Click on the toggle to activate Bluetooth
Step 3: Select Add Bluetooth or other device
- Press Add Bluetooth or other device.
Step 4: Select Bluetooth Option
- Have your AirPods in the case and charged. Make sure the lid is open.
- For 5 seconds, hold down the button on the back of your AirPods case to go into pairing mode.
- Select Bluetooth from the add a device window.
Step 5: Select Your AirPods From Nearby Devices
- Look for your earbuds in the list of devices and select them to connect.
- Make sure you do not wait too long between step 4 and step 5 for the best results.
- Sometimes it can take a few minutes for your AirPods to be discovered by your Lenovo laptop.
AirPods Still Not Showing Up on Lenovo Thinkpad
If your Lenovo laptop is still not discovering your AirPods via bluetooth, there may be some underlying issues that need to be addressed.
There could be multiple reasons happening at once, so make sure you go through this list systematically to troubleshoot the problem.
AirPods are not fully optimized for Lenovo thinkpad devices compared to Apple devices, so be patient and it may resolve itself if you keep trying with the correct steps mentioned above.
Here are some of the most common scenarios which cause this problem.
Your Laptop’s Bluetooth Driver Is Outdated
To update your laptop’s Bluetooth driver, do the following:
- Connect to the internet to download the update.
- Search for device manager in Windows search bar.
- Find the Bluetooth option and open the dropdown.
- Uninstall the first driver in the dropdown by right clicking.
- Restart your laptop for the new driver to be redownloaded.
Your Need To Charge Your AirPods
Make sure your earbuds are charged and the lid of the case is open. If your earbuds are out of charge or outside of the case they may not be discoverable by your Lenovo laptop because they are technically off.
There is a glitch with your bluetooth connection
If you pair and unpair your AirPods to your Lenovo thinkpad laptop to frequently it can cause the connection to be improperly cached.
You can do a quick reset of your computer to fix this:
- Turn off your computer
- Turn off your computer power point at the wall
- Unplug your power cable
- Reconnect everything and start your computer
Your laptop does not have bluetooth
You have to get a dongle if your Lenovo laptop does not come with Bluetooth. This is a small USB which plugs into the side of your laptop and provides a a Bluetooth connection.
How To Disconnect AirPods From Lenovo thinkpad
To disconnect your AirPods from your laptop go to the Bluetooth and other devices settings via the search bar in Windows.
On the left side there is a list of audio devices, click on the one you want to disconnect.
After selecting it you have two options:
- You can press remove this device. If you do this then your laptop will no longer instantly connect to your earbuds when you start it up.
- You can press disconnect it will temporarily disconnect the Bluetooth connection from your earbuds until you reconnect them or restart your laptop.
The best method to connect your AirPods to your Lenovo thinkpad is by pairing your earbuds first before searching for the device on the Bluetooth settings.
If they still do not show up in the Bluetooth device search window, then we have written some easy fixes in this article for you. I hope this helped!
Why wont my AirPods connect to my Lenovo?
There could be various reasons why your AirPods won’t connect to Lenovo:
- The AirPods are not charged.
- The Lenovo device does not have Bluetooth.
- You are pairing your AirPods after clicking Add a Bluetooth Device
- Your Bluetooth connection is improperly cached.
- You are not holding down the pairing button long enough on the back of your AirPod’s case.
how to connect airPods to lenovo chromebook
To connect to Lenovo chromebook, go to the settings cog by opening up the menu in the bottom right. Select bluetooth and toggle it on. Hold down the pairing button at the back of your AirPod’s case and select your device from the pairing list to connect.
why won’t my airPods connect to my lenovo yoga
Enable Bluetooth on your Lenovo Yoga and hold down the pairing button at the back of your AirPod’s case to activate pairing mode. Press add a Bluetooth device on the Bluetooth & other devices settings page.
How do I connect my AirPod Pro to my Lenovo Thinkpad?
Place your earbuds in the case and keep the lid open and hold down the pairing button at the back of your AirPod’s case to activate pairing mode. Go to your Bluetooth settings to enable it and add a new device. Select your new device from the list.