How to Connect AirPods to HP Laptop
1. Hold down the pairing button on your AirPods case until it flashes.
2. Navigate to Bluetooth settings on your HP laptop, select Add Bluetooth device and choose your AirPods from the list of nearby devices.
3. After a few seconds your pairing should be complete.
Are you unsure how to connect AirPods to your HP laptop? In this article, we explain why your device is not showing up in the Bluetooth list and how to do it correctly.
The best method I have found to connect to Bluetooth smoothly every time is to make sure your device is in pairing mode before searching for it in the Windows Bluetooth settings.
Suggested – How to connect AirPods to Dell laptop
How To Connect AirPods To HP Laptop
You can either follow this video guide we found on youtube or you can follow the written steps with images below.
Sometimes AirPods can take a while to connect to Windows devices, especially on HP laptops. This is the case because the Bluetooth connection on these earbuds are not optimized for Windows devices as much as Apple devices.
Step 1: Search Windows For Bluetooth Settings
- Click on the windows icon in the bottom left corner or use the search bar.
- Search for Bluetooth settings
- Select Bluetooth & other devices
Step 2: Enable Bluetooth
- Enable Bluetooth by activating the toggle.
Step 3: Select Add Bluetooth or other device
- Click on the Add Bluetooth or other device button at the top of the screen.
Step 4: Select Bluetooth Option
- Make sure your AirPods are inside the case and are charged.
- Open the lid on your AirPods case.
- Hold down the pairing button located on the back of the case until the light flashes to activate pairing mode.
- Then select the Bluetooth option while your device is in pairing mode.
Step 5: Select Your AirPods From Nearby Devices
- Select your device from the list of nearby devices.
- Make sure you do step 5 within 30 seconds of completing step 4 to ensure your device is found on the list.
- Sometimes it can take a few minutes for your AirPods to be discovered by your HP laptop.
AirPods Still Not Showing Up on HP Laptop
If this is the case and your AirPods are still undiscoverable by your HP laptop, you might have to consider troubleshooting.
There are a few common reasons why this problem occurs, so see below if one of them matches your scenario.
Here’s what to do if they are still not showing up in your Bluetooth settings even if you followed the steps correctly.
Your airPods are not charged
This is the easiest problem to troubleshoot, if your AirPods are not charged they will not be discoverable by your HP laptop device.
Outdated Bluetooth Driver
Make sure your Bluetooth drivers are up to date by doing the following:
- Make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Going to device manager by using windows search
- Select the Bluetooth option in the list and open the dropdown
- Right click on the first driver within the dropdown and select uninstall.
- Restart your HP laptop and your Bluetooth driver will be instantly redownloaded from the internet.
Your laptop does not have bluetooth
If your HP laptop does not come with Bluetooth then you have to get a dongle. A dongle is a small USB that you plug into the side of your laptop and it will provide you with a Bluetooth connection.
Your bluetooth Device Manager is bugged
If you have previously connected your AirPods to your HP laptop and recently disconnected them then you may have this issue.
You can do a quick reset of your computer to fix this:
- Turn off your computer
- Turn off your computer power point at the wall
- Unplug your power cable
- Reconnect everything and start your computer.
How To Disconnect AirPods From HP Laptop
Disconnecting your AirPods from your HP laptop can be done in the same settings window to which you connected them.
There is a list of audio devices on the left hand side, look for the device you want to disconnect and select it.
After selecting it you have two options:
- You can press remove this device. If you do this then your laptop will no longer instantly connect to your earbuds when you start it up.
- You can press disconnect it will temporarily disconnect the Bluetooth connection from your earbuds until you reconnect them or restart your laptop.
To connect your AirPods to your HP laptop correctly, you need to switch them into pairing mode and then search for them in your windows Bluetooth settings.
If they still do not show up in the Bluetooth device search window, then you must troubleshoot with the guidance of this article.
AirPods Won’t Connect To HP Laptop
Make sure your laptop is capable of receiving Bluetooth signals. You can find out by going to Bluetooth settings and seeing if the toggle can be enabled.
Your AirPods may be out of charge or the case is not opened which is why they are not discoverable by your laptop.
You may be pairing your earbuds after you search for Bluetooth devices which is why it’s not showing up in the search results.
How To Connect AirPod Pro To HP Laptop
AirPods Pro can be paired and connected to the HP Laptop:
- Go to Bluetooth settings and select devices
- Toggle on the Bluetooth switch and select add Bluetooth or other device.
- Open your AirPods Pro case and hold down the pairing button at the back of the case.
- Select Bluetooth from the new window which popped up to begin searching for your device.
How To Connect AirPods To HP Laptop Windows 10
Go to Bluetooth settings and press the toggle to on. Select add a Bluetooth device and at the same time hold down the pairing button on the back of your AirPod case.
How To Connect AirPods To HP Chromebook
- Click on the dock in the bottom right and then click on the settings cog or search for Bluetooth.
- Hold down the pairing button on the back of your AirPods case.
- Click on your device from the list of devices.
how to connect airpods to hp elitebook laptop
- Open Bluetooth settings by using windows search.
- Press the toggle and set it to on.
- Pair your AirPods by holding down the button at the back of the case with your earbuds inside it and your case lid opened.
- Choose Add a Bluetooth Device -> Bluetooth and then select your device from the search results.