How to Connect AirPods to Asus Laptop
1. Pair your AirPods by holding down the pairing button at the back of the case with your AirPods in it.
2. Go to Bluetooth settings and toggle it on. Press Add Bluetooth device then select Bluetooth and then select your device from the list.
3. After a few seconds your pairing should be complete.
Here’s how to connect AirPods to Asus laptop. It’s pretty simple but it can be difficult at the same time. I will run you through the 5 easy steps to connect your earbuds to Bluetooth below.
Suggested – How to Connect AirPods to Lenovo laptop
How To Connect AirPods To Asus Laptop
Watch the video above for a visual example on how to connect your AirPods via Bluetooth. We have a written guide below but the video version will let you see the timing of when you press the pairing button.
Be patient when connecting your AirPods to an Asus laptop. Even though they might connect to a MacBook or your phone fast, thats because they are optimized for those systems but not for Asus laptops.
Step 1: Search Windows For Bluetooth Settings
- Click on the windows icon in the bottom left corner or use the search bar.
- Search for Bluetooth settings
- Open up the Bluetooth & other devices window
Step 2: Enable Bluetooth
- Enable Bluetooth by activating the toggle so it says “on.”
Step 3: Select Add Bluetooth or other device
- Click on the Add Bluetooth or other device button at the top of the screen.
Step 4: Select Bluetooth Option
- With your AirPods inside the case and charged, make sure the lid is open.
- Hold down the pairing button located on the back of the case until the light flashes to activate pairing mode.
- Then select the first item on the list called Bluetooth
Step 5: Select Your AirPods From Nearby Devices
- Select your device from the list of nearby devices.
- Make sure you do step 5 within 30 seconds of completing step 4 to ensure your device is found.
- Sometimes it can take a few minutes for your AirPods to be located by your Asus laptop.
How To Connect Clone AirPods To Asus Laptop
Clone AirPods are earbuds that are not officially from Apple but they function very similarly.
The method of connecting close AirPods is the same, however, you need to make sure that you set your clones into pairing mode before using the discover feature.
- Open Bluetooth settings by using windows search.
- Press the toggle and set it to on.
- Pair your clones by holding down the button at the back of the case with your earbuds inside it and your case lid opened.
- Choose Add a Bluetooth Device -> Bluetooth and then select your device from the search results.
AirPods Still Not Showing Up In Bluetooth Settings
This can be for several reasons. The first thing you should try is waiting longer, if your AirPods don’t show up within 3 minutes of searching for Bluetooth devices then move on to the solutions below.
Sometimes this can just be an instance of your computer not recognizing your device.
Here are some reasons why your AirPods are not showing up in your Bluetooth settings even if you followed the steps correctly.
Your laptop does not have bluetooth
Check if your laptop has Bluetooth, if you are not able to click on the toggle in the Bluetooth settings of Windows then you do not have Bluetooth.
Some old laptops do not have a Bluetooth feature, if this is your case then you need to purchase a Bluetooth dongle.
Outdated Bluetooth Driver
If your Bluetooth drivers are out of date then you need to update them. You can do this by following these steps:
- Ensure you are connected to the internet
- Go to your device manager. You can find this by using windows search
- Select the Bluetooth option in the list and open the dropdown
- Right click on the first driver within the dropdown and select uninstall.
- Restart your Asus laptop and your Bluetooth driver will be instantly redownloaded from the internet.
Your bluetooth search is bugged
Sometimes your Bluetooth connection can be bugged if you have previously connected your AirPods to your Asus laptop and then recently disconnected them.
You can do a quick reset of your computer to fix this:
- Turn off your computer
- Turn off your computer power point at the wall
- Unplug your power cable
- Reconnect everything and start your computer
Your airPods are not charged
If your AirPods are not charged they will not be discoverable by your Asus laptop device.
AirPods connected To laptop but no sound
This problem usually occurs when there is improper caching with your Bluetooth connection.
It can happen quite easily if you are constantly unpairing and repairing your device. Doing this will cause a glitch where your computer can’t discover your device because it belives it has already been connected.
To fix this is pretty simple:
- Go to Bluetooth settings and remove your AirPods from the list of connected devices.
- Turn off your laptop with the power button and then at the wall.
- Unplug your power cable from the back of your computer and the wall to completely reset it.
- Reconnect all cables and boot up your laptop.
How To Disconnect AirPods From Asus Laptop
Disconnecting your AirPods from your HP laptop can be done in the same settings window to which you connected them.
To disconnect your device from your Asus laptop, navigate to the same Bluetooth settings where you connected them.
On the left side there is a list of audio devices, click on the one you want to disconnect.
After selecting it you have two options:
- You can press remove this device. If you do this then your laptop will no longer instantly connect to your earbuds when you start it up.
- You can press disconnect it will temporarily disconnect the Bluetooth connection from your earbuds until you reconnect them or restart your laptop.
That was how to connect AirPods to an Asus laptop. The trick is to get your earbuds into pairing mode before you open up the Bluetooth search on your Asus laptop.
This way your laptop can easily find your device. If you need any more help then you can read the FAQ below.
How do I install AirPods on my Asus?
By pairing your AirPods and adding a device from the Bluetooth settings at the same time.
How do I connect my AirPods to my Asus ROG laptop?
By adding a device from the Bluetooth settings in windows. Then pair your AirPods with the button at the back of the case.
why won’t my airpods connect to my asus laptop
The main reasons for AirPods not connecting are:
- No bluetooth software installed on your computer
- Bluetooth is toggled off on your computer
- You are not holding down the pairing button long enough.
how to connect airpods to asus vivobook
By Adding a device in the Bluetooth settings of windows. At the same time you want to hold down the pairing button at the back of your AirPods case.