How to Connect AirPods to Alienware Laptop
1. Hold down the pairing button on your AirPods case until it flashes.
2. Go to ‘Start’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Devices’, select Add Bluetooth device, and choose your AirPods from the list of nearby devices.
3. After a few seconds your pairing should be complete.
AirPods have been designed to connect easily to Apple products such as the MacBook and iPhone however they don’t connect easily to Alienware laptops.
In this article I show you an easy method that will allow you to connect your AirPods to your laptop.
Suggested – How to connect AirPods to Toshiba laptop
How To Connect AirPods To Alienware Laptop
Here is a brief summary of how to connect your AirPods to your Alienware laptop:
- Make sure your earbuds are charged and placed in the case with the lid open.
- Go to ‘Start’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Devices’ and make sure you have the toggle set to ‘on.’
- Hold down the pairing button located on the back of the AirPod case
- Press ‘Add Bluetooth or other device and then select the Bluetooth option
- Wait for your device to show up in the list and click on it to begin connecting.
If you wait too long between activating the pairing button and adding a Bluetooth device then your earbuds may not show up in the list.
Step 1: Search Windows For Bluetooth Settings
- Click on the windows icon in the bottom left corner or use the search bar.
- Search for Bluetooth settings
- Select Bluetooth & other devices
Step 2: Enable Bluetooth
- Enable Bluetooth by activating the toggle.
Step 3: Select Add Bluetooth Or Other Device
- Click on the Add Bluetooth or other device button at the top of the screen.
Step 4: Select Bluetooth Option
- Make sure your AirPods are inside the case and are charged.
- Open the lid on your AirPods case.
- Hold down the pairing button located on the back of the case until the light flashes to activate pairing mode.
- Then select the Bluetooth option while your device is in pairing mode.
Step 5: Select Your AirPods From Nearby Devices
- Select your device from the list of nearby devices.
- Make sure you do step 5 within 30 seconds of completing step 4 to ensure your device is found on the list.
- Sometimes it can take a few minutes for your AirPods to be discovered by your Alienware laptop.
AirPods Connected But No Sound
If you can’t hear anything from your AirPods even though they are connected to your laptop then you may need to turn up the volume.
Another reason is that you have other devices already connected to your earbuds which is why they are not working.
Disable any Bluetooth connection on your phones, tablets and other computers to fix this.
AirPods Still Not Connecting To Alienware Laptop
Not everyone connects their AirPods to their laptop easily the first time. If you are having trouble then here are some reasons why you may be having this issue.
Your Laptop Does Not Have Bluetooth
Most if not all Alienware laptops come with Bluetooth so this should be a non issue, but here is how you can check: Go to ‘Start’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Devices’ and try to set the toggle to on.
If the Bluetooth toggle is greyed out and set to ‘OFF’ it means that you don’t have the capability.
There Is A Glitch With Your Connection
I have had this issue many times and it was caused by a glitch in the connection. This happened because I kept on pairing and unpairing my headphones because they were not producing audio.
After doing this a couple times then the connection was cached improperly and said my device would not show up in the list anymore.
This is what I did to fix the issue:
- Turn off your computer
- Turn off your computer power point at the wall
- Unplug your power cable
- Reconnect everything and start your computer.
Outdated Bluetooth Driver
Always update your drivers if you have any problems:
- Make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Going to device manager by using windows search
- Select the Bluetooth option in the list and open the dropdown
- Right click on the first driver within the dropdown and select uninstall.
- Restart your Alienware laptop and your Bluetooth driver will be instantly redownloaded from the internet.
Your AirPods Are Not Charged
Your device must be charged in order for your laptop to discover it. Charge your AirPods in the case and have the lid open when you begin pairing.
How To Disconnect AirPods From Alienware Laptop
To disconnect your earbuds from your laptop do the following:
- Go to ‘Start’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Devices.’
- Select the toggle to OFF
- or select your device from the list of Audio devices below
- You can press remove this device. If you do this then your laptop will no longer instantly connect to your earbuds when you start it up.
- You can press disconnect it will temporarily disconnect the Bluetooth connection from your earbuds until you reconnect them or restart your laptop.
Sometimes connecting to Bluetooth can be tricky, but if you follow the steps laid out in this article you should have no problem.
Can AirPods connect to Alienware?
Yes. Every model of AirPods can connect to Alienware laptops that have Bluetooth capability. Most if not all Alienware laptops have this capability and do not require a dongle.
How do I connect my AirPods to my Alienware computer?
Go to ‘Start’ > ‘Settings icon’ > ‘Devices’ then toggle on Bluetooth. Press ‘Add a Bluetooth or other device’ and then hold down the pairing button on your AirPods.
Then select your device from the list to connect.